View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 01:00 PM
Fixnem2Flyinem
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

I missed a commute, gave myself 4 flight options and when I didn’t think it was going to work I called the company. Guess how that turned out?? I’m no longer at SkyWest and am way better off at another regional anyway. It was a blessing in disguise to be honest. I’m not saying don’t go to SkyWest, but I’m not saying you will never sweat a commute there either. If there is nothing in black and white to cover your butt, “flexibility” is at the companies discretion. Let’s say you were sick twice in one month, then missed a commute shortly after. The company will gun for ya and there isn’t much you can do about it besides bring your own KY bottle. Other airlines have bases in ORD, higher pay and this excellent thing called union protection which includes contracts that have commuter clauses and some even have hotel coverage for commuters. Choose wisely is all I’m saying..

Now I should be leaving before Kool-Aid central shows up saying I was just a bad egg and not to listen to me because I don’t tell the whole story. Which I have told, in detail.

Last edited by Fixnem2Flyinem; 07-29-2018 at 01:40 PM.