View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 02:27 PM
Fixnem2Flyinem
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by 12345678 View Post
When you called in sick on probation, did they require a doctors note right away? Before being fired did they talk To you with a warning?
They didn’t require a doctors note for the sick calls initially. It wasn’t until I talked to my CP that any sick calls I had came up along with the missed commute. At that point they asked if there were any doctors notes. That part was on me, I didn’t go see the doctor when I got sick from my crash pad nor when I rolled my ankle pretty bad working out. I did not get warned previously, I never even talked with my CP or any supervisor for that matter previous to the meeting that resulted in my departure. It really felt like a 0-10 escalation and I had a chance of explaining myself but their minds were already made up. My CP said and I quote... “After talking with you, you seem like an honest person but my hands are tied”. That was because his boss wanted me to go, his boss who was the VP of Flight Ops. I was also told “I can’t tell you not to call in sick, but back when I was on probation I’d have to be on my deathbed to call in sick”. I thought that was interesting to say when there is clearly a regulation against pilots flying a plane when not fit to do so, a regulation that can be used against you if you in fact work while not fit and anything happens that requires investigation...

Last edited by Fixnem2Flyinem; 07-29-2018 at 02:44 PM.