View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 08:07 AM
NeoPilott
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

I've been a mechanical engineer for 5 years now and am switching to airlines in a month. If I hate it within a year or two, will simply go back or try CAE instructing/Part 91 flying etc.

I also learned how to program (mainly Python along with financial packages for it such as NumPy and Pandas and Django for web design) and If I ever feel like going back due to lifestyle or any other reasons I will definitely look into IT or financial industry as salaries for most mechanical engineers (and even here in NYC area) suck as compared to people working in IT or finances... The headaches I have to go through on day to day basis are just not worth it. I would rather stare out the window and come up with cool ideas than deal with office BS which gets my heart rate up at 27...

PS. I was contacted recently by Virgin Galactic to work as propulsion engineering in CA just because I have aviation and ME background. There will be always options out there. Just keep learning whatever you do.

Oh and so far at the two companies I worked, most engineers over 40/50 not in management are MISERABLE with anger issues....sad

Last edited by NeoPilott; 07-30-2018 at 08:20 AM.