View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 02:20 PM
FlyAstarJets
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Frm. DHLAirways. Blue & White Boeing's Now. YEA!!

Originally Posted by Industry Strnd View Post
Which is worse at ATI required to work on your days off for free or the fact you only get 12 days off ?

No pilot is required to work on their day off. If they do, it's because they chose to answer the phone or they have been Junior Manned. In either case, no one works for free as stipulated in Section 25 H 6 and Section 25 J 5 respectively.

Yes a minimum of 12 days off. Nothing in the contract says you can not have more than 12, which some of our lines do have.

Or is it the pay is about 20% less than it should be?

As you say, I wish it was more (who doesn't). But my increase for my longevity was more than twice the number you quoted above. What many here fail to realize (or conveniently ignore) is this is only our third contract with the first being an incredibly poor Teamster contract. Because of that first one, we have a lot of ground to make up.

Or is it that there is no retirement?

"There you go again". There is. A 2.5% 401K match and a 3.5% lump sum which effectively equates to 6% if you participate. But you already knew that. And before you chime in, I will stipulate that it should be much better. And for this very reason, we have early Section 6 openers in 17 months to work on it.
Please read my response in red above.