View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 09:45 PM
Irishblackbird
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

I've done all three, 91 corporate, 135 charter, and 121. Hands down corporate was the best in my career. That being said corporate flight departments are as varied as the colors in the prism. Charter would be my last choice as they usually offer little in terms of schedule and benefits, and with flying being on demand you'll likely be on call.

I was employed with a corporate operation for over 15 years and we had 3 pilots for 1 plane. Schedule was simple and easy to work out with another pilot if you needed a day off. Seldom flew more than 7 days a month, never worked a holiday, and maybe 3 overnights a month. 6 figure salary, plus profit sharing, corporate credit card for expenses, rental cars for overnights, and upper tier hotels or resorts. I'm always keeping an eye out for an opportunity like this again. Fractional is a good career choice too, in that a place like Net jets has a union, good benifits, pay, schedule, and home based with no commuting.

Family, QOL, and salary should drive your decision, not rumors of what may happen. Good luck!