View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 07:08 AM
BFMthisA10
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2010

Originally Posted by RuslanM97 View Post
Ok I want to become an airline pilot and I'm planning on starting pilot school soon. Is it possible to go to work, go to university for physics, and go to pilot school all at the same time? I dont want to wait till I get my bachelors degree to start getting my pilots license or vice-versa. I want to get my bachelors and get my pilots license around the same time so I can work as a flight instructor fulltime to get my 1500 hours. (I've already been in college for 2 years) Is this really possible? Or is pilot school "book work" too excruciating? Some details. I go to college full-time for physics only on 2 days out of the week but the classes are hard and my work schedule is not bad I work part-time around 20 hours a week. They are very lenient on scheduling. Has anyone done it? Thank you.
Have you looked into universities with flight programs? For instance, at Perdue you could come away with both a first rate Physics degree and a 141 training certificate, and reduced R-ATP mins. These programs are also designed (scheduled) to blend flying and academics.
Worth a look if you hadn’t already. There’s many options out there to do exactly what you’re trying to brew yourself.