View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 08:07 AM
VoiceOfReason
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: CR9 CA, FT Minivan Driver

Originally Posted by Flogger View Post
The biggest problem with the way DC is managed is Skywest. As long as that bottom feeder is part of the DC portfolio, there will be absolutely no trust between 9E and DC management.

DL continues to reward the non-union pilot profession destroying bottom feeder animal that is Skywest. They even continue to hire these non-union pilots who have repeatedly refused to join a professional organization which contributes to the safety and government lobby of the pilot profession. They won't hire senior 9E pilots, but they will hire pilots who have undercut the wages and workrule standards of an entire industry?

DC management was complicit with Skywest in the betrayal the ASA side of XJT. Was it really necessary to yank the travel benefits of all those ASA retirees who had served DL passengers for so many years and then retired with the promise of travel benefits?

Really? Was it not enough to just end the contract? Ya gotta bend over the retirees too? Some who retired while DL owned ASA...kinda like the way DL owns 9E now? That right there does not build confidence in our future.

DC is complicit with Skywest in the destruction of the MSP base. Is anyone aware that MSP was a very senior base with quite a few employees who have been turned into unwilling commuters? It's not like the flying went away. Skywest is doing it. Way to recognize our importance to the DC portfolio! Yaaayyyy!

When given a chance, DL forced 3 airlines into an unwilling marriage and pounded thru below-industry standard wages and workrules. A pilot shortage has forced a change in that situation, but there being no Flight Attendant shortage, the FAs are still operating under horrendous wages and workrules.

This is a business and we are meat. We are well treated meat at the moment due to the pilot shortage.

We are not valued teammemebers. Valued teammembers do not fear such things as losing their promised travel benefits after retirement. Valued teammembers know their employer will keep their promises.

By the way, I like it at 9E, nicest people I have ever met, I am treated like a professional, VERY well compensated and great training, but I left my koolaid dispenser sitting on top of the ASA/XJT crewroom popcorn machine.
Wow, bud, sounds like you could use a hug. Glad to hear you've moved on...sort of.