View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 05:57 AM
atpwannabe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Math Teacher
Default Starting to reconsider.........

With the regionals and some Part 135 operators starting to lower their mins, I am seriously reviewing my options. Mainly, that of anticipating on attending ATP in JAX.

First an foremost, there is the financial savings. That's a given. Actually, it's a savings of roughly $30-$40K. I proposed to my Dad that we could just transfer those savings into my checking acct. He just smiled.

I would assume that most pilots that are flying for under 121 or 135 received their training @ a local FBO. What are the trade offs, if any, by deciding not to go to ATP and completing my training at an FBO. Is a rose a rose so to speak? Do the regionals REALLY look at training from FBO's to be "second class" as oppose to attending a flight academy.

Listen guys, I know that subject is like beating a dead horse, but give me some solid feedback so that I will have all available information to make a more informed decision when the time comes.

Thanks in advance. Got alot of running around to do today. Will get back to your responses later.

atp