View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 09:36 AM
PS362
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by TXTECHKA View Post
same here, I got my ratings at a local fbo while attending a big university. I did not get an aviation degree. It is unnecessary and gives you nothing to fall back on. I will always recommend the fbo route. I built up a bunch of time while instructing there and was able to go straight to my choice of regionals as soon as I graduated. In my opinion, your experience will be much more diverse with this type of school if for no other reason, you will end up flying a lot of different types of aircraft at an fbo while a factory you will only fly a couple of different types. You can do your ratings just as fast if you want to at an fbo but I would recommend going to college to if you haven't already. A decent degree is worth alot more than a pilot's license, plus its more fun than you'll know what to do with.
Well stated. I agree. A degree in another field is recommended. Kudo's on the FBO flight schools. The hiring environment at this time is putting no weight on aviation degrees. They will look at past academic achievements to determine if you have proven yourself to be trainable. I took my time and have zero aviation training debt and believe me when you start with a regional you need zero debt.
My two cents.
Moose