Thread: TDY Questions
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 03:16 PM
MasterOfPuppets
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: 787

Originally Posted by WantTheJob View Post
I was hoping somebody had some answers to the following TDY questions. I checked the contract but wanted some more in depth info if anyone had any. I am on reserve on the 756 fleet in EWR and looking to do the Sept TDY in ORD.

1. If I am on reserve does that mean i'll only get reserve in ORD with TDY or would they build me a line. Some reserve folks on other fleets have told me they got lines while on TDY in other bases.

You will fit into the base based on your seniority. If you are reserve in EWR you will most likely be reserve in ORD. Sometimes you can pull off a line when you should be on reserve but it depends on how the more senior pilots bid, just like in your current base.

2. can you keep the hotel for the whole month or do you have to disclose to the company whenever you commute home as an SA versus positive space.

If you plan to be positive spaced back and forth then you cannot keep the hotel for the entire month. You also will not get per diem for the entire month. Your per diem will start from when you get on the DH and continue until you get off the DH.

3. If you get a line are you able to drop and trade like a regular line holder or are you under other rules of the contract.

Yes there are no other rules.

4. When the TDY award comes out do you bid for your days off just like you would in your own base or do you get whatever they decide to award you.

You bid with PBS and get what your seniority can hold just like normal.

Thanks in advance for the replies
TDY is a great deal. You also get $25 per day from the day before you start TDY until the day after the TDY ends, its about $800ish. Also you can specify if you want the airport or downtown hotel.

Good luck....I bet this TDY goes goes senior to 7000.