View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 04:59 AM
coryk
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by MettetalAir View Post
Hello guys. I am just thinking about the career path I would like to take in the future. I am hoping to join Ameriflight. From Ameriflight I could be able to get into UPS (not guaranteed), but my long term goal could be to get into a legacy airline (or I could end up loving the cargo lifestyle and never think otherwise.)

Going from Ameriflight to UPS, I wouldn't ever have any time at any regionals. I've heard people say though that the legacies usually want to take people from the regionals. So I was wondering how easily UPS pilots (especially ones without regional hours) can get into legacy airlines? I think I remember hearing UPS/Fedex pilots jump over to the legacy side and vice versa quite often. Any truth to this?

One extra question I'll tack on here: how's the first year at UPS? I've noticed the pay really jumps in year two. Disregarding pay, wonder if there's some big difference in quality of life between year one and two.
UPS is a legacy... a career airline. Oh, you must mean a passenger airline. I wouldn't use UPS as a stepping stone.

Go to a regional if you want to fly for Delta.