View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 05:23 AM
BFMthisA10
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2010

Originally Posted by steamer1970 View Post
My first post. I've dug through both Kalitta threads and learned some very useful information- thank you to those who take the time to do this. I'm an ex-Navy Hornet guy, out of currency and going to regionals to hopefully pay my dues. I am very interested in Kalitta and have met the minimums (minus currency). So here are my questions:

How do you get noticed by the company?
Do single seat fighter types get considered?
Are they good with National Guard time off?

It's never too early to prepare as far as I'm concerned. Anyone willing to PM me the interview gouge would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Apply. Can't say for sure that recency/currency is a showstopper, though all in my class were current. But I can say that in hindsight, I'm kicking myself for not applying when I was available, and just limiting myself to the regionals; wish I had skipped the six months of "regionals dues"...I was called within two weeks of submitting.

- Single seat: plenty of us here, though it seems we're outnumbered by the heavy types.
- good with ANG; though we don't have the bandwidth of a DL or AA to give Carte Blanche. It's a much bigger impact to our bottom line when you, 1 of 450 guys on the line (or 1 of 260 74FOs) drops orders, vice 1 of 14k elsewhere, hence they're a little more sensitive to the schedule impact. Other than that, AFTPs on your 14 off: go bananas; Mandatory UTA, sure, no problem; etc.