View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 04:02 PM
Geezer
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by ocskyguy View Post
Comparing companies is a slippery slope, boys and girls...

On any given day, somebody has a better deal than you. Just the way it is. As we have all said on other threads, the object of the game is to drag our collective asses to the top, one contract at a time.

Right now, K4 is the place to be. Connie is looking to make a legacy. A juggernaut of an airline that has critical mass enough to not be another Southern or Polar and get swallowed by the competition. Although privately held, there is a clear and defined successor plan. (Yes, I am inside the circle just enough to know...)

ACMI is an economic crap shoot. We sway in the wind of commerce. But, if it is any kind of guide, I came here thinking it would be a 6 month job to hold me over while I looked for a "real job". Kalitta was just a place to pass time. That was October of 1992. Funny how plans change. Couldn't ask for a more entertaining and lucrative ride.

Skyguy out...
I agree with the "legacy" opinion. It appears to me that Mr. Kalitta doesn't do anything by halves. Kalitta Motorsports has two Top Fuel teams and two Funny Car teams. Watch the video of Doug winning at 2018 Winter Nationals. There's a very brief shot of Mr. Kalitta as Doug won, Mr Kalitta's smile was genuine. I suspect that Mr. Kalitta would love to see Doug and Richie and then JR and Shawn face of against each other in their respective categories in the final races at the next NHRA event (Brainerd?). If building a "legacy" and a "juggernaut" are the equivalent of winning the most Wally's, then that's a tremendous asset to any future or current employee of Kalitta Air.