View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 10:15 PM
ocskyguy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: Old and Unemployed

Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
I agree with the "legacy" opinion. It appears to me that Mr. Kalitta doesn't do anything by halves. Kalitta Motorsports has two Top Fuel teams and two Funny Car teams. Watch the video of Doug winning at 2018 Winter Nationals. There's a very brief shot of Mr. Kalitta as Doug won, Mr Kalitta's smile was genuine. I suspect that Mr. Kalitta would love to see Doug and Richie and then JR and Shawn face of against each other in their respective categories in the final races at the next NHRA event (Brainerd?). If building a "legacy" and a "juggernaut" are the equivalent of winning the most Wally's, then that's a tremendous asset to any future or current employee of Kalitta Air.

The smile is genuine. A trip to the race shop is a must do for anyone who makes it here to YIP. Lots of toys and technology. They have a robotic machine that turns a chunk of alloy into an engine block in about an hour. Pretty cool to watch the show.

I generally don't reveal personal details on the internet. But, a story to explain why I became a lifer here. I had the unfortunate experience of having a child who almost died while I was on a trip. The voice on the end of the phone said "We got you a ticket. Go home." No discussion of who would cover the trip (leaving in less than 6 hours, that eventually cancelled). And, they never took a day of sick time while I was home. Try that at Delta and see where it gets you. Just sayin'