Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 12:03 PM
Jetlife
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by ZippyNH View Post
Perhaps..

The issue with a guaranteed "job" as with a flow is that many individuals that would never cut it in an 121 could never be hired to work 135....it might be due to history of some type, or just personality....but the interview process would have to match the partners.
The fact that the airlines with agreements have a process to be accepted to them for "flow" or interview with milestones you must meet makes the milestones effectively a long interview....

Yes, going straight to a legacy is not likely, but to a LCC is common, as is freight company to fly a 767....or simply go to UPS, ALSO on the list....think most would consider a job at UPS to be a success...
Different lifestyle, and different upgrade path.... sometimes you don't end up with the path or the end you though...many people like the lifestyle, then stay, or even fly corporate. Not all people's final goal is a "legacy" carrier....and depending on when you are hired in relation to growth and retirements, a legacy job MIGHT result in decades of stagnation....ask a United guy from the 90's...or the guys from defunct carrier's that did not get bought.... starting over....
Personally I LIKE getting my hotel points, and having a rental car/crew car more often than not, and having most weekends off....and alternating one week and two weeks off, a vacation, and avoiding the BS of many places.
Is it perfect, no. However, it is a choice that should be considered and might be a good option for many IMHO.
I ADVOCATE that anybody consider ALL options, and the meat grinder of the regionals are not everyone's "cup of tea", nor is the lifestyle with the typical commute.

He isn't arguing whether a flow is right for AMF or not, he is saying that the "flow" programs as AMF states, are indeed not flow programs, and he is 100% correct. There is no perhaps, or sorta, or maybe.

I agree with the issue of a flow and not possibly having the applicant match the culture of the new company, that happens at American all the time, but regardless what AMF sells as a flow, is not a flow, not even close.

You sound a bit like a recruiter, "just go to UPS!" Yea easier said than done, in fact way easier said than done. How many people have gone to UPS since the program was announced years ago?

Oh and btw I am not sure I know anyone that goes to legacy to merely "progress." The money is greater no matter what seat you're in, than almost any corporate job and especially long term, isn't even close.

I do agree with you though, not everyone wants to go to the airlines.