View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 10:10 PM
GraceMonth
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: Left

Originally Posted by Asiabound View Post
I'm a bit partial, but Omni is notorious for not allowing overtime. I'm not sure if that's changed since the new contract, WGN on the other hand there's quite a bit to go around and it sometimes includes sitting at home on reserve while getting OT. I know of guys intentionally staying on rotation for 40+ days, everything over day 20 is at 200%, whether you fly or sit. WGN is also adding up to 5 airplanes by the end of 2019, that 35% fleet growth, I don't know if Omni is adding aircraft or not? We also have a decent bonus pay system and profit sharing. OTOH we don't have business class travel which is industry standard for ACMI's these days. Our pay and work agreement doesn't hold a candle to K4.

Omni pilots were badly abused for a very long time, as were K4 pilots. WGN pilots haven't been through that, so our pilot group is mostly happy, though we have plenty of jaded guys from World, Skylease, CAC, Ryan, etc., and rightfully so.

Not throwing stones, we have our issues here, but I don't feel like I'm fighting the company every time I go to work. It's the best airline I've worked for so far. I still haven't deleted any of my apps to the majors though. If you are under 40, with a degree, no major black marks, and are in the left seat of an RJ? Don't waste your time with ACMI, keep you eye on the price and go for a major. When the next recession comes this sector of the industry will be the first in the toilet, Good luck.

I’m at Omni. I’ve broken guarantee every month for the past 4. In May and June I was contacted by the company asking if I want to volunteer to pick up open flying. In July I volunteered a few days and was flying every day. Guarantee is 64, my credit hours have been in the low 80s, excluding any overtime or override days.

777 FO.

GM