View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 12:32 PM
lowflying
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
100%

I will say, it is sad to see the vx culture go away, and moral going away with it. But I have worked for way worse companies and as of now life is pretty damn easy. If you let every little thing get you bent out of shape, you will never be happy. Just show up to work, you know your schedule, roll with the punches, eat good food and drink good wine on the road, then go home.

That being said I think there are lots of ways to improve, and the latest MEC video speaks to the frustration of the pilot group, and I think everyone will be aligned for 2020 ready to rock for what we want/deserve.
Sorry, but you sound like someone who’s married to complete ahole but as long as you can keep driving the nice car to the mall and using the credit card to buy shoes and drink cocktails with all your friends at lunch you’ll put up with it.

AK isn’t the worst place but the only thing the company cares about is that planes continue to move. It blows my mind to see what horrendous and worthless pairings the pilots and scheduling committee will put up with when all it takes is a few guys calling in sick/fatigue to get them changed.

Now the company is telling us that they are coming after our hotels and guess what? The union will put out a stern letter and the pilots will complain on the forums but the planes will keep moving because really, it’s an easy job and life is good...