View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 03:41 PM
BobbyLeeSwagger

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee

I would just say, be respectful and even grateful and kind if possible to our line techs. Sometimes they get on my nerves too, but they dont have the tools to succeed a lot of times. It starts at the top. They have no real/organized training program, a dysfunctional management & culture in my opinion, and an aging fleet. Imagine getting here from flight school, doing your CBT'S, and then going to IOE. and the rest you will learn from kind-hearted captains who want nothing better than to train you to fly the jet on the job

It's all the frustration our new hires have when they get to the line with 0 info on how to bid, or basic contract help x10. And they gotta figure it out on the job. Sometimes they get new failures and have to figure things out on the fly. Its not a 1-1, but imagine a mechanic saying.. wow. You dont know the implications of a WOW sensor failure??? Are you a pilot here?? Sheesh. But then you say.. well. I have some understanding but I will have to follow this particular QRH checklist for the first time etc.... with 80 people watching and waiting...

So I try to cut them some slack, be less assuming.. and more grateful. And sometimes they still get on my last nerve. But. We need each other to succeed in this job.

Ps. I write this of my own volition