Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 06:41 PM
Hand Commander
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by Fr8Thrust View Post
They definitely are better airline pilots. They know how to manage, multi-task, they know IFR, they’re a good stick, and they know what it takes to master an airplane and most importantly get the job done. Every AMF Pilot I know in the airlines is sharp, efficient, and has a better training & performance record than those who went straight from CFI.

Put two planes at the same gate, one with a former AMF pilot, and the other a CFI... which one gets off the gate sooner and lands sooner with happier passengers (no events). And which one takes a delay to comprehend an MEL, misses their wheels up time as taxi on one engine, and goes missed because they can’t keep the airplane stable.
Yikes! I've seen plenty of Amerflight pilots, including management pilots, do some pretty ridiculous and stupid things. Ask the recruiter on here how many incidents of airplane damage they've had in the last couple of years and why it was necessary to send management out on a road show to visit every base to emphasize the need for safety. I would argue that "Getting the job done" is the least important out of those skills while having a spine, thick skin, and knowing when to shut things down should come before it.