Part of the problem
Flogger
Part of the problem
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2013
  • Position
    CRJ200 CA
I will say for now 9E is a decent place-as good as any regional can be for quality of life and commuting. The pay is tops and they treat you like an adult.

9E is currently fat on FOs, hopefully getting ready for more growth, so getting to CA quick is a challenge, depending on base and equipment. A good place to be based to get lots of flying today could be totally dead in a month. No predicting it.

At OO you will most likely fly more but make less and have a terrible work environment. If growth comes to 9E as predicted, the flight time and CA should come quicker.

Everything changes so fast at the regionals these days. My advice is to stick with or go to a regional you can live with and easily commute to work, in case you get stuck there. Stuff happens. War, recession, training failures, family issues lock you in, DUI, altitude bust, illness? You never know what can cause you to get "stuck" at the regional level.

Right now the DGI program is an unknown variable. We won't know if it actually works for at least a year, so don't bank on that.

As far as OO, I am surprised their wages and QOL have stayed so low for so long. Somethings gotta give there or that west-coast base dream won't be enough to staff their current flying.