View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 08:56 AM
155mm
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by misterpretzel View Post
Over 90% acceptance, incredibly conservative/Christian, zero prestige, huge student body. The school is not respected among the community (do a quick Google search and you'll see what I mean).

Basically, going to liberty will elicit similar response/reactions as going to a place like university of Phoenix, even though they are very different schools. People don't see either as a truly legitimate higher education experience.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
There is no way Liberty University is like a University of Phoenix! Liberty is very reasonably priced, especially for Veterans. For that matter, Utah Valley University used to be a borderline diploma mill. Although I've heard they have moved up a notch or two under new leadership.

In the end, accreditation is the big deal! To me, Liberty University is in a category of private religious schools like Oral Roberts University or Brigham Young University. Overall good accredited schools with a religious component but may or may not carry a stigma in certain circles because of religion!

As far as University of Phoenix (UOP) goes, they are simply way overpriced! I took an online MBA course from UOP for transfer credit and they are academically rigorous just very pricey!

Last edited by 155mm; 08-09-2018 at 09:11 AM.