View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 03:39 AM
nuball5
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by airscout View Post
Ok, I guess I've been a little out of the loop lately. So, reading through other posts it sounds like the TA that was just voted down had "raises" that didn't even keep up with inflation. I haven't found anything on what sort of reserve rules/QOL stuff was in the TA. No improvements on that? I thought maybe another TA would have been quickly put together, thus avoiding a strike, and people would have some idea what was in the new TA, but I gather there are no negotiations going on for a new TA? Sounds like some sort of strange limbo where nobody has a clue what the next contract will look like.

As far as current bonuses I read 5K in first check, 26K after OE, but then it also says 8K for those for previous airline experience but isn't clear about when that is paid.

When you say MKE captain upgrade "asap" does that mean right away while in ground school or what. I understand things are always in a state of flux but perhaps a window in terms of months, like 0-6 months, 6-12 months or something like that.

Is there any talk of strike yet or what's the plan from here after the last TA was voted down? Has ALPA given any sort of time frame on that? Has the mediator given any indication of when you'll be released?

What I'm looking for is some sort of educated guess of what the next contract will look like. I see things about pay, but not much else. If it looks like Air Wisconsin will offer good work rules/schedules/QOL I'd consider working there. If that's stuff that doesn't even come up in what the next TA/contract should be then I'll look elsewhere. For me it's important because I know from past experience that quickly becoming a captain also means a long time on reserve and bottom line holder. Especially nowadays with so many senior FOs trickling through upgrade. A weak contract and bad scheduling rules make that a miserable experience. I wouldn't mind being a bottom captain however with strong reserve language, long call, being able to bid RAP times, good monthly days off, etc.

Any insight on that stuff would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I no longer work there but it took 3 years to achieve another TA, after the one in 2015 was voted down. Maybe TA3 will be shorter since the last vote was about 50/50. There won't be any strike or even a vote to strike when about half the pilot group voted yes to TA2.