View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Thedude
Are we there yet??!!

Joined APC: Apr 2006

Originally Posted by ryane946
I
2. I completely disagree with your idea on soda. Soda is cheap. Let me say that again. SODA IS CHEAP!!! Fountain soda costs like $.02 cents for an 8oz glass. You would not save that much money by not serving sodas on short flights. Neither would you make that much. American Eagle tried charging $1 for sodas, and they immediately stopped when they heard all the customer outrage. This will anger more customers, hardly save you anything, and generate almost no revenue.
I kinda diagree with that. It is not necessarily the drink price but the fixed price for catering to hookup to the airplane. If they only had to hook up once a day thin of all the extra money thata could be saved that did not go to catering.

I suggested to our D.O. that we charge a $1 surcharge as a "Crew Fee" and with 173 seats that would have almost doubled the entire crew's salary. And of course all i got was a nasty look.

At AA I met a guy that was in the "Idea Dept". I wonder home many people are in that dept and how much many they actually waste.