View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 03:27 PM
mexipilot84
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Gear Handle supervisor

Originally Posted by Justsaying View Post
I overheard that the former head of pilot recruiting, whom was a full-time Captain at Swift Air is now recruiting and flying as a "contractor" at Swift while flying as a F/O for Endeavor. Is there any truth to this? And if this is true what does it say about Swift?

Nope recruiting has been taken over by someone else as mentioned above. What pilot works for free? Much less working for another carrier it’s a conflict of interest. How can you recruit and tell someone to come to swift and work somewhere else, makes no sense to me. That’s like working at McDonald’s and recruiting for Wendy’s. Otherwise if it’s so great why leave right?

Nothing wrong with contracting part 91 or doing ground or sim instruction. What you are referring to is Day rate. Which is a swift thing. There’s about 8 day rate pilots, including one that just retired due to age 65. You can do any kind of 91 flying, Mtc, repo, delivery, ferry, flight instructor, sim instruction. as long as it’s not interfering with 117 rules or part 135 rest rules. Many pilots work at delta, AA, UA and teach at CAE, flight safety, FTI, Boeing pan-am. Hell one of the pilot examiners at pan-am is a spirit FO.

Know some TSA pilots that do plane repos on the 145 to Africa. Whatever pays the bills. Wish I could find side gigs like that.