View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 06:33 PM
sflpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Originally Posted by deftone View Post
So it seems like quite a few people have been up to Indy now, has anyone actually accepted the offer to go to LIFT? I met one guy on Facebook who is going but so far it seems like most are looking at other options.
As they should be. When it's all said and done most of these people will have a debt of about $150,000 including interest. I have tried to provide educational info because I realize we have new people that don't fully understand how this industry works. You could go train at Joe's Podunk flying school and walk away with the same certificates for pennies on the dollar of Lift and have offers from almost every regional in existence including Republic. Don't let them trick you with this whole thing about how they will train you to a higher standard, they won't. Every school has the same brand new CFI's on staff. That is an old tired argument that has been used ever since I started flying 18 years ago. They didn't even bother to secure fixed interest rate financing for the applicants. When I read from one of the applicants that it was a variable rate loan I had to read it three more times because I could not believe it. I feel like i'm at the used car lot dealing with this.