View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 02:48 PM
DelTacoBowl
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2017

FWIW I am former mil (C-17). It took me approximately 20 months from my date of hire at SkyWest to my start date at my dream job this Oct. A guy in my SkyWest class was a former Marine F-18 guy and he has had a hard time getting picked up at his employer of choice due to lack of hours. Apparently marine fighter guys don't fly as much? So make sure you look at your competitiveness at the major you wish to land at. The RST's on facebook are a good place to start to get an idea of what type of mil backgrounds are getting picked up. Military certainly gives you a leg up but contrary to popular opinion on here it is not a for sure thing call as soon as you are current. At least not in my case, serious networking was required and I was lucky that my employer of choice called, but no one else has called, except Frontier, but I figure that one doesn't count with all that is going on there. With that said my military career was not exactly on track to be a General, pretty much just a career crew dog with one failed checkride.

Originally Posted by word302 View Post
With your experience I would take the 135 gig. A legacy will scoop you up in no time.