Thread: AA Class Drops
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 04:09 PM
nimslow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: HUD cripple.

Originally Posted by Saabs View Post
Right. And I’m guessing if you’re in non radar you’re probably too far time wise from the shore for domestic. I think it’s kinda stupid and don’t see why they are split in the first place. No other airline that I know of does it but I could be wrong. It’s one thing to have a SWA guy that flies the Texas triangle to fly down there ��
Split divisions is a good thing because 1st, it requires more pilots, thats more jobs for us, and 2nd it gives YOU more options. Want to fly International, bid it. Don't want to mess with customs, or some of the places we go, stay domestic. More choices is a good thing.

And as a reserve, it increases the pain factor in some of our bases. In NY, International, most of the trips were out of JFK, with only a couple from LGA. In Miami all but two of the international trips were out of MIA. Now all the reserves in NY will have to worry about LGA and EWR flying, and MIA will have FLL and PBI to deal with.

I know plenty of long time domestic pilots who don't want anything to do with international flying, and a bunch of us International don't want to do domestic flying. I'd be happy to never go north of DFW again. We don't have those options anymore.