Thread: FedEx Hiring
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 10:04 AM
PittsS1
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2018
Position: Diver Driver/Rag Dragger

Originally Posted by ARAMP1 View Post
Mr. TheTank is correct...unfortunately there is no internal path/program (though the Purple Runway program should be up and running with the feeders very soon if not already).
Yeah, the Purple Runway program does not apply to anyone working at FedEx Express, only MAC or Empire. So I would have to quit and go work for them and I currently make more than a 20 year 208 captain for either and much more than an ATR FO. Just nowhere near a 2nd year FO on a 57.

Correcto. There is no "twin" time...only single or multi-engine, per se. From my understanding, and I know only as much as the next guy, all time "counts", but only flight time in something heavier than 12,500lbs counts towards the minimums.
Yes, so I currently have a grand total of ZERO time they are looking for.... Seems I might just have to quit FedEx after 25+ years to maybe one day work for FedEx. The irony of that actually hurts to type.

You are added to the seniority list on your first day of basic indoc. You'd start at the bottom, but you'll get to keep your very senior looking employee number!
Thanks, a low EE# and $6.25 will get me an extra value meal #3 at McDonalds.

Can anyone PM me a good contact at flight ops HR that I might reach out to? I tried my HR rep and they were...... Uh, less than helpful (I actually tried that before asking here). I'd rate their expression somewhere around "Blank stare", maybe closer to "Deer in a headlight" or "Squirrel standing in a road not knowing which way to run for cover."

User "Airplane" mentioned, "Also would keep your years of service for retirement. So all you would need is the high 5"

Yeah, not even sure about that. FXE "others" went to a portable pension plan account about 2009. We were given the option in 2007, but very few people went. We were all moved over in 2009. Before that it was average top 3 X years of vested service (up to 25) X 2%.

So figuring out my retirement might also be sporty.

This is another reason why I'd like a good HR contact.