View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 08:18 PM
highfarfast
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by dbdevkc View Post
I am coming into this conversation late, but man, it sounds like a ******* show. I only came on to this board to research and help my daughter make a career decision. She has an undergrad and master's in music, but aviation is a passion, has been for a long time and for some unknown reason seems to want to fly 121. On one side I feel bad for her, as it sounds like a mess getting to a good spot in a career. On the other hand, music is a freaking mess also and the compensation is a joke in comparison to what 121 is getting. And I know she would just be depressingly miserable in a corporate job. Right now her "office" is an L-19 Bird Dog, with almost no compensation. But I am not sure it gets much better than that. These might indeed be "the good old days".

Was looking at Envoy with her, but I just don't know...
I'm in my 40s and am envious of the kids coming into the industry today. Young people just starting will have a very different experience than a lot of us have had. She should have a great career in aviation and yes she should be pursuing 121. All regionals have their issues... they are a starting point, not the finish line. But almost all are better than they used to be, Envoy included. If she has a passion for flying, it's what she should be doing. Envoy may or may not be the right place for her but don't steer her away from flying if it's her passion as you say.

Also should add, despite what else is said, female or not, she will not get Delta right out of college. Ignore that other post.