Thread: Planesense
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 10:06 AM
UhOhItsTheFiveO
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: A La Derecha

Hey all, I have a question about the right time to apply for the PC12 FO position. I will be at my 500 hour mark approximately this week as a CFI. I know the website says that those with experience at 500 would be considered, then placed back into the pool until 750, after which a class would be given. Which route would be the better, considering I have seen on here in the past where people have been stuck waiting in the "pilot hiring pool" for months and months with no word as to the status of their application... Apply now at the 500 hours, CSEL & CFI, or wait until at the 750 and apply then knowing I would most likely get a hard no or yes answer? If I wait until the 750 hours, I would probably attempt to obtain my CFII in the meantime, which I know would be a boost for my background. My worry with waiting is that I probably wouldn't hit 750 for another 3-4 months, and that they might close the hiring window down for a while before then. If anyone has any other advice for me, all is welcome. Thanks!