Old 08-20-2018, 08:36 AM
155mm
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by Petie25 View Post
I have a C-130/L-382 type rating and am going to get my ATP-CTP and then take my ATP writtens. Assuming I pass the written exam, am I eligible to apply for an unrestricted ATP because I have a type rating?
Its a little more complicated than that. If you meet the requirements for an ATP you can take the check ride. If you have an L382 on your Faa commercial certificate it will be transferred to your new ATP. I’m not sure it will be under ATP or commercial privileges though. The main thing is to get an unrestricted ATP in a multi engine airplane. It can be in a small multi like a piper Seneca or the C130. Unfortunately, not many examiners have authorization in the C130. The l382 type rating doesn’t help or hurt your application for an unrestricted ATP certificate, you need to get a (military competency) commercial multi instrument rating to take the ATP. In addition your logbooks need to show 1500 hours total time among other things like the required cross country, night, instrument times, pic, etc.

Last edited by 155mm; 08-20-2018 at 08:46 AM. Reason: .