Thread: FedEx Hiring
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 10:13 AM
Noworkallplay
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by VamosALaPlaya View Post
Well, considering the FQS ranks is down to the lowest number almost ever, around 120-130, from over 200+, it is definitely trending in the right direction. So “hundreds” is most definitely very innacurate and “replacement work force”???. They could maybe move a quarter of the fleet, and a big maybe. No one is denying what happened with the unnecessary furlough, but that is not the point I was trying to make. Pilot supply and demand market has changed the landscape.

I think we are going off on a tangent. People post misleading info such as relative seniority movement in fleets, half the pilot group being replaced in 7 years (not true), etc. Potential new hires see this and go in with false expectations. Simply pick the job you want for your own personal reasons and run with it. Fedex, UPS, a Legacy, SW, you can’t go wrong, all very good jobs.
If you were hired onto the MD 11 1.5 years ago your actual bidding seniority would be about 65%. In Sept MEM had 424 pilots in the right seat of MD and 66 of those who are more senior than a 1.5 year guy/gal are in a non bidding status. My first post was a wag on actual bidding seniority on each fleet and was a very close guess. My second post was exact seniority from the seniority list in each seat rounded to the nearest percentage. Notice how much fluctuation the actual bidding seniority is. I’m not passing false information these are the numbers.

You obviously have a bone to pick with FedEx being that you made a B scale comment. So does every passenger airline have a B scale since they pay different rates based on AC size? I’m guessing you are miserable and wish you chose purple over brown. I’m sorry you chose wrong bud.

Last edited by Noworkallplay; 08-20-2018 at 10:27 AM.