:-)

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by Baradium View Post
Here's a snippet from a union Q&A about the SSP, before interviews started:
-----------------------------------------------------
Q1
What should I expect in the interview?
A1
Pinnacle pilots who participate in the SSP in seniority order will be exempted from the pilot candidate initial screening process that applies to other Delta pilot candidates. The content and schedule of the SSP may change
, but the interview process is anticipated to contain the testing and panel interview elements of Delta’s current “Day 1” pilot selection process, a review of a Pinnacle pilot’s employment and training records and potentially certain elements of Delta’s current “Day 2” interview process.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't really say much, but the testing and panel parts of the interview are the biggest parts. Again, I don't know if I've heard of someone not making it through day 2.

Honestly, it's really surreal reading these e-mails, as these updates are interspaced with talk of displacements, attrition, and rate of aircraft removal from service (with a few 900s arriving) and base closures.

It looks like shortly before the SSP interviews started, there is an entire memo devoted to discussing the program including topics to study and a massive list of books to read. That should have at least been a red flag for anyone going to interview that it was going to be a real interview.
That memo came out slightly after the process started, as pilots weren't filling out applications properly. The real issue was at the roadshows the union kept insisting it wasn't the full interview, and it was a streamline selection process. It should not have been called that, since without any details, pilots had no idea what to expect. The only model was the SSP at PSA, which was a handshake type deal. It wasn't till after the process started that the memos, and instructions started coming out.

That said, Delta is giving another chance to these first pilots who didn't have the foresight that later pilots did.