View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 01:45 AM
determined2fly
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Chair Flying
Default Left behind in Memphis

I just wanted to share my first experience of trying to jumpseat on Fedex. I called the the jumpseat number a day prior and provided all my information . I was informed to show up at 0154 for my flight . I arrived into Memphis at 2300 and took the shuttle to AOC where I arrived before 2330. I checked in with the desk and they told me to standby and they will call me as soon as they got CA approval . After 1 hr 30 min flight to Memphis and waiting for 5 hours at AOC it was getting close to departure time . As the departure time got closer I was starting to get nervous as my name was never called as I sat 20 feet from the desk. I finally decided to follow up and see what the status was . The jumpseat coordinator couldn’t get a hold of anyone on the phone to confirm my seat . By the time it was all said and done, the departure time had arrived and no confirmation and flight had already left . I am now back at the passenger terminal waiting for a 0730 2 leg commute home . In the end , I can say my first experience was not a good one .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk