Thread: Elite Airways
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 08:31 AM
frankgh
Works Weekends & It's OK

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Originally Posted by CaptainMerica View Post
Is this your first 121 job because if you’ve worked for a decent place before I don’t think you’d have the same opinion? Many of us that have worked prior 135 or 121 got out of that place as soon as we could. Management is terrible and pushing guys to violate duty and rest times, disregard maintenance issues, and to break numerous FARs. They will punish you if you stand up to them as well. Crew scheduling is horrific and incompetent (I was told it’s 9on and 5 off now) and the training is severely inadequate. They kept telling new hires 7on and 7off despite never having a schedule like that. Ask the company why have so many guys left to take lesser paying jobs at regionals, corporate, and cargo! There is nothing good at this company except maybe the crewmembers and the free medical benefits for the employee only. Those of us with a family had to pay $1k a month! Quality of life was nonexistent when I was there because you never knew when they’d call you out. Let everyone know how you feel after you’ve been on the line for a few months and in to NCAA charter season. I hope you don’t have a wife or kids because you might as well get an attorney to prepare for a divorce because you’ll never see them. The best feeling was seeing that place in the rear view mirror.
It is unfortunate that your experience was so negative. However, mine has been completely opposite. I have found that management will go out of its way to accommodate its employees. I’ve seen them first hand deal with folk’s issues as best they can.

I bet you cannot name one new hire that was told the schedule was 7 on, 7 off. Why, because it just is not true. It is a goal that is being addressed with an increase in hiring. Management is VERY clear on this.

Not every person is going to be a good fit at every company. It is a relationship. What works for some doesn’t work for others. That said, if you were unhappy, fine move along like a grownup. But don’t post lies and hyperbole as an anonymous keyboard warrior. I have wasted enough time engaging you and will not do so further. Fly Safe!