View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 08:41 AM
Mach1aviator
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by CaptJackSparrow View Post
I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to get at with this comment but to try to sleight our LCAs...c'mon man. MOST of these guys are fantastic, there's a bad apple in every group no matter where you go. Show up prepared and with a good attitude and it should be a smooth ride through IOE. Simple as that. If you don't know your limitations when asked on IOE then realistically should that LCA sign you off? Ask yourself that and put yourself in his/her shoes.

As far as studying goes in the school house... every question you have (and will have asked of you) can be answered by reading and STUDYING from the FM-1, AOM-1, and AOM-2. Anything outside of that most likely is not of major importance in terms of passing an SV/PV. What are we in elementary school and need to have everything spoon fed to us?!

It's not so much the quality of training that has gone down here recently. It's really the quality of applicants that has gone down.
Maybe it came off as if I were attacking the long time participants at envoy. I am not doing that whatsoever, and I happen to agree with you that the Captains are great! In fact I think the best learning that you will get is from IOE when it comes to all operational knowledge. Morale on the other hand is another story not all but some will not like DEC's based off there experience. My point is simply a prep for what is or more than likely going to happen. If it doesn't than great Thats the way it should be.

Training (school house) on the other hand we can debate all day but I don't feel like it.