View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 07:45 PM
Boner
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2018
Default Anyway to run my own background check?

Im paranoid about speeding tickets I can't remember...

and to be honest, a few I do remember that just don't seem to appear on my insurance, state run drivers record, etc.

I know I should be 100% honest, but I don't want to fess up to a few speeding tickets that there is no record official of.

How can I run my own background check to know what I will be facing?

Barring that, any good source to check what might be outstanding?

A simple example is I know I got a ticket for doing 9MPH over 5 years ago in Virginia (out of state for me). I paid the thing promptly. All a Virginia record run says is I have +1 point on the record.... but I have no recollection of the exact date or anything amplifying other than I set the CC at the speed limit and when it reduced coming into a little town, I missed it and got tagged.

In another example I got a ticket in my current state over a year ago... again I paid it promptly. It also doesn't show up on that states drivers record.

Integrity says report them all (even if I am shoddy on the details from the past), Gamesmanship says only fess up to to those that show on a record and have a good explanation... but how do I know what they see? will states not report something to me when I pay for my record that somehow will pop on the background check the airlines run?