Old 08-24-2018, 10:14 AM
misterpretzel
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by tm602 View Post
Exactly. And they will sue you, your family, anyone to get something out of it.
Spend some time talking to some instructors, or better yet some examiners and ask for some good advice.
You are taking on so much more than a rating here. This is for real, and its no time to be cutting short. You can do it in decent time, but speed should not be the focus. If you were going for heart surgery, would you want a doctor who learned well even if it took him a little longer, or would you want Doogie Howser who took "the fast track"?
I find it so ironic that those who really haven't learned to fly themselves are teaching others to learn to fly. I once had a big problem with that statement and it hurt my little feelings when I was a new CFI because I thought I knew so much. But now, decades later, with thousands of hours f dual given and 6 type ratings as a professional pilot, I understand.
Don't be pulled in to the rush. I know the sense of urgency is there, but the stakes are very high.
Do you have any statistically significant evidence that pilots who do accelerated training are worse pilots/cause more crashes/more negligent/deviated more? Or are you just basing your opinion off of a few anecdotes and personal experience?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk