Old 08-25-2018, 12:56 PM
coryk
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by No Land 3 View Post
I've heard a four year degree counts against you if you took six years to acquire at Fed Ex. Already have my four year degree, which I decided to do in six years. Still though, I jumpseated on them often enough to see how it works over there, and it isn't very appealing. Think the vast majority are there only for the money.
So your jumpseat ride gave you an all-access look into the culture/mindset of our almost 5000 pilot seniority list— which includes 64 year olds, 25 year olds... RJ captains and B2 pilots? And you concluded we’re just all in it for the money?

Not climbing Mt. Fuji on a 72hr Japan layover, or having dinner with 4 crews at a delicious restaurant in Paris, or going home and sleeping in your bed on a 18CH 3 day weekend layover trip. What about having the ability to be based overseas in Europe or Asia— a perk no other US airline provides, to soak in their culture and provide your family the opportunity experience a different park of the world.

I flew for a big 3 carrier before this. Most of those guys were just counting down the days until retirement. Slam-click was a familiar sound, days 1-4.

Nah. I’m just here for the money.