Old 08-26-2018, 04:59 AM
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by SeeDub View Post
Does anyone know if they have any 12 year 757 Capts? and how long does it take to become a 777 Capt? Regardless, 70% plus of our flying is widebody vs 70% plus of theirs is narrow. I would still like to see their pay rate numbers on property though.
I was commenting on the AA Captain’s statement (incorrect) and Postal’s acceptance of it as valid. That’s all.

If you want to try to justify pay rates that are $30+ per hour less because upgrades might be faster at FedEx for the moment or we have wider access to those lower WB rates have at it. That might make you feel better or be a valid check mark in our list of “pros”, but it doesn’t change the facts.

Pattern bargaining is pretty simple. Pay rates don’t get an asterisk next to them during negotiations because we have more pilots than airline X making those rates. The simple fact is AA Pilots (and Delta) are being paid significantly more per hour to operate the same aircraft we do. Do I want to work there? Absolutely not. But, I think it’s important for our own pilots to stop perpetuating the myth that we are still at the top in pay just because we got there by default during the lost decade.