Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 04:56 PM
freezingflyboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.

I'll preface this by saying that I agree with most of what you've said to this point. I've always been a team unity, "last guy up the jetway" kind of guy too. Hell, I even offer to hump FA bags up and down stairs if that's involved between hotel and the aircraft. But I just don't understand this:

Originally Posted by captjns View Post
Re-read my post... I wrote, that I travel to the airport with the F/As if their report was earlier than the front end. I let the F/O know as they are not obligated to report earlier than scheduled.
I might be wrong, but the way I'm reading your post it sounds like you're saying that if your report time is say 10am and the flight attendants report at 8am, you go with them at 8am?

I gotta ask...why? The only way that *kinda* makes any sense is if you're flying with the same herd of flight attendants outbound and they gotta be there at 945am but your report is at 10am. But even then, assuming you and your FAs have the same rest requirements, it still doesn't compute for me. Wouldn't everyone's report time be the same?

I mean, as long as you get your required legal rest, I guess you're free to report whenever you choose? It just smacks as an empty (even creepy?) gesture. They are all independent, functioning adults, right? Ones that can fasten a seat belt, be driven a short distance and then easily find their way around any shopping mall or grocery store unsupervised?

I guess I just think there is a point where the "white knight" thing crosses a line into patronizing or even creepy and unwanted.