View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 05:47 PM
JayD
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2018
Position: E170 CA

Originally Posted by SunnyFL View Post
Good Evening,

I just wanted to get some info from current RPA pilots in regards to the Pilot Prep Program.

I am currently about 9 months or so from mins (need the full 1,500).

Right now I've narrowed down my list to Republic, PSA and Endeavor. I am going off of bases, really want a DCA base as I have family in Virginia as well as factors like QOL, contract and pay. Also taking into account what people say of if you get stuck for whatever reason would you be happy at the regional of your choice.

For someone in today's aviation environment would you recommend doing a program like this?

I don't need any multi time, I wouldn't need the final 100 hours paid by RPA. I am more so worried about will RPA be hiring in the 9 months or so that I will have mins. I am also well aware things can change this far out.

Appreciate any input and guidance. I just wanted to get the opinions of someone who's walked my path and what they think of this program and what they would've done if it was offered to them prior to regionals.

Thanks!
For what it’s worth I was recently accepted into LIFT and one of my questions was whether or not LIFT would supply all the pilots Republic needed. Their answer was... “Not with only this location. We expect to produce around 350-400 pilots per year from LIFT and we estimate we will need at least 800 pilots a year.”

I personally think a pilot prep program is good if that’s the regional you’re interested in. There’s really no downside that I can see.