View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 06:52 PM
TillerTemptress
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017

I'd chill out, I don't think we have actual street captains yet. That latest vacancy bid has some fishy stuff going on. One of the CA is going to be training only and not sure about JC but he worked at Compass and came back(?) - might just be doing instructing or something?

Irregardless, CA always goes quite a bit more junior whenever they run a class that large. I expect they won't be quite so large in the future,but we'll see. I was bypassed here and all it meant was when I did upgrade, I spent less time on reserve. It'll be okay, really.
Also, your post comes off as a bit entitled to me. Every captain here met the same minimums, what is so special about you that we have to change them just for you? If you came to Compass at 1000TT on a special Embry Riddle 141 thing, I don't think having to be 2500TT is so terrible. The rest of us had to get 1500TT before starting.
If you had the 1500TT, you'll have 2500TT/1000 turbine in the plane at the same time... first you got a special exemption from the FAA for the ATP mins, now you should get a special captain exemption? Nah. You can have 2500TT like all the other captains.