View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 04:21 PM
Chris99
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: B717 CA

Originally Posted by 1800RVR View Post
Thanks. Yeah I’m familiar with the cost of living in hawaii but with the bonuses and PIC salary I still think it’d be a step up in pay overall from my right seat RJ gig.

What’s the monthly schedule like? I.e How many days on/off? And is there much time on reserve?
PICs tend to work more currently because Ohana can't hold on to them. I'd say 18-21 days a month of work give or take a day. FOs have a little more flexibility because there are more of them and some want more flying and some want less. I'd say 12-19 days off work per month depending what you're goals are. This could change at any time due to staffing.

You have to work twelve days a month to get the bonus. You aren't eligible for any bonuses until you pass IOE, so don't count on any of that money for a few months after you start Indoc. Also, you will be working for 75% base pay until you pass sim training. Empire pays for the hotel and rental car at training. Also very important to note is that vacation and PTO days don't count towards the twelve days required for the monthly bonus. They also tend to schedule a full work-month for captains who take vacation. These two practices are shady. The $1000/mo bonus is paid out twice per year in January and July. Taxes are withheld at about 25-30% for the bonus payments. So if you finish IOE in mid-January for example, you will get about $3500 out of the $5000 "moving expense" bonus. You will be getting paid at the base salary until you get your first bonus payout sometime in July again for about $3500 (because you didn't qualify for the bonus in January as IOE days worked don't count towards the bonus). Your next bonus (and first full bonus payment if you worked at least twelve days per month) won't be until the next January. So you have the potential of going an entire year working with only $7000 of bonus money in your pocket. They don't tell you this when you sign up and it is important information if you are taking on the expense of moving to Hawaii.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk