View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 05:34 AM
ak68W
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

This question is highly dependent on personal situation, personal decisions, likes and dislikes ect. If it have decided you want to work for a fractional/135, then my personal opinion is XO is the best. While no company is perfect the best idea is to get the pros and cons, figure out which ones you can deal with which ones you can’t, and what works for you overall. I have worked for 2 similar companies and have friends at all 3 of the big ones and some at smaller ones.

If you look at the majority of threads on this site, it’s an absolute ***** fest. You can look at the *****ing on the xo tread and see that it is far less than any other thread. While there are always things to complain about and things to improve i really that everyone i fly with here has a positive attitude, and that makes the time spent on the road much more
Enjoyable. Most people here have confidence in our management whom are very pro employee and pro company in most cases. There is no hate and disention towards the pilot group here. We have the best QOL on the road by far, rental cars whenever we want no questions asked, nice hotels, generous crew meal expenses and while we do work hard here, there is quite a bit of support. The people make it that much easier and bearable during the long tough days. We do get time occasionally to go have fun on the road and make the best out of every day. We do not sit standby at the FBO all day like most other companies. If you assume a 2 ur upgrade here you will make more money than any other similar company, including net jets in the first 5 years (I have a detailed spreadsheet on this) and possibly even longer. We do not have as good of vacation, insurance or 401k as NJ or flex flops. Our “home basing” can be mind bending depending on where you live. Aquiring new investors is a big question for all but IMo the general consensus falls back
To the confidence in management. Our ceo is heavily invested in the company and the culture, as are we are as well. If your goal is themmajors i truly don’t believe you’ll find a better place to hang your hat for 5 years or whatever you want out of it. I really enjoy working here, and improvements are being made in various capacities on almost a daily basis.