Thread: SLG Question
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 05:59 AM
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by kronan View Post
It’s been active for several months now.
Have you heard of anyone complaining that someone Junior to them was awarded trip 123 that they had asked for?
I haven’t but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. If that’s fixed, great. I’ve heard plenty of folks asking how to make inputs for a particular outcome. The written guide is lacking in this area, IMO. There shouldn’t be an air of mystery surrounding this process. That happened with the old system and we never fixed it. There was so much incorrect information about it that became like folklore and was perpetuated. I had knowledge that resulted from actively seeking it directly from the planners. That shouldn’t be necessary. They should publish the nuts and bolts of this new process so everyone clearly understand how it looks at and uses the inputs.

Originally Posted by kronan View Post
Have heard the current software takes a trip availability snapshot prior to the window opening and doesn’t update for any trips that subsequently become available.
The old system did this too. Anything that changed from the morning the inputs closed to the night the secondaries were final was unaccounted for. Essentially, they built the lines that first day after the close and there was no flexibility to go back and globally adjust for BLAs performed, new open trips, etc. after that.

So, apparently this is still happening. I agree that is kind of ridiculous considering all the work that supposedly went into improving this process. But, however it’s happening right now, these kinds of details need to be published for everyone to read. Not circulated like stories around a campfire or a game of phone tag where details get blurred and changed with each iteration of... “Well, I heard.......”