View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 09:30 AM
theUpsideDown
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Originally Posted by Flogger View Post
Nobody in the company will call someone out for using a non-TSO headset. The trouble comes from a FED who just happens to know what the FOM says about headsets and decides he doesn't like the color of your eyes.

Most FEDS are cool, but there are a few turds in that punchbowl.

I had a run in with a FED who was ramp checking 121 planes with absolutely no mandate or authority to do so. Turns out he was trying to set himself up as a whistleblower-raising a flag about how the FEDS weren't being hard enough on regional airlines. He was doing this to protect himself because he had been caught schtupping a subordinate.

The moral of that story is-don't give a schtup-caught FED a freeby, like a non-TSO headset. Make em work for it.

Yeah i know the game, and the feds couldnt possibly have been more clear in their letter to Bose and a letter of interpretation that they wont be doing Bose's bidding any longer. The FAA isn't in the business of patent protection or forcing air crews to buy one headset or another. About a decade and a half ago (when that tso language was written) the FAA tried mustering some enforcement and quickly realized they were being run in circles because uflymike wasnt paying bose, so they stopped very suddenly.

You all do what ever you want. I'm as done with the topic as the faa is, but send me pictures of all your awesome tso'd headset.