Old 04-06-2006, 07:15 AM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot

Originally Posted by XtremeF150
As I stated before I couldn't get an interview with a turboprop carrier even though I had around 3000. I applied to almost every carrier I could think of at the time. Some where obviously not hiring but I thought what the heck, might as well. However, didn't get any interview calls. ASA called and wanted to know why I had so much time. Even asked if I was furloughed? Yeah right, not yet. Well, anyways like I said many of these airlines tend to like these low time guys. It hurts to see the guys you've been giving instruction to getting jobs that you applied to.

XtremeF150
As pilots we have only a small envelope of time to move on to the next level. Over qualification tells a company that either you are defective in someway or don't really want to fly for them or else you would have applied much sooner. Sometimes it is easy to stay put at a comfortable stop on the way up the ladder, but it can have devastating results.

Consider reducing the flight time on your resume and see if it changes anything. I don't think it is lying. A few years ago I was laid off from a 757 job. I tried in vein to get hired as a 135 pilot in Alaska. The first few resumes mailings went unanswered. Then I subtracted all my airline time and the phone rang off the hook. When they asked what I had been doing during the past 6 years I told them I was flying for the airlines and left it out since I didn't think the time was relevant to their operations. It worked like a charm.

SkyHigh

Last edited by SkyHigh; 04-06-2006 at 07:19 AM.