Thread: Via Airlines
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 08:42 AM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

Originally Posted by TeamSasquatch View Post
Do the 16 days on the road include travel from home? Or, are you traveling on days 0 and 17? I’m the kind of guy that doesn’t want to move to base, and would rather knock out the time in one big chunk. I’m not sure if we will ever see homebasing beyond this at the regional level? But, it’s real popular in the 135 world and keeps people around.
Includes travel in the 16. Most often day 1 is travel to work and go to hotel. They have a guy coming from as far away as China. The last day is either just go home, or do a turn and then go home. You can get it broken up in two large duty blocks if you’d rather do two 8 day stretches or some other variation. I like the 16.

The monthly scheduling is their weakest point. They are always getting them done very very late in the month. They are good about getting you specific days off when requested, but the schedules seem to always come late.

They will however book you on connecting flights rather than direct if it saves $20 bucks. You get the air miles, The hotel points and if needed the rental car points.

Home basing is also catching on big in the ACMI portion of the industry also.

Last edited by Cujo665; 08-30-2018 at 08:53 AM.