View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 06:41 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Andy View Post
This looks like the FAA was given access to the VA database of disability payments and then cross referenced everyone on VA disability to the FAA database.
Did you see that in the media somewhere? That was my guess too, VA medical data might be off limits (HIPA), but I suspect that treasury data is not so protected.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the tip of the iceberg on prosecutions.
Might be. Hopefully there are very few people who oblivious enough to think they could get away with it. Although the addition of the question about disability payments to the 8500 might have caught a few folks between a rock and a hard place.

Note that all four cases involve mental/headache issues. That's likely round one of these prosecutions.
Might well be. The FAA went hard over on mental health after germanwings. The VA handing out PTSD ratings like candy doesn't help.

If you're collecting VA disability and have an active FAA medical, I'd recommend that you call your union's medical staff and talk to them immediately. It doesn't matter if you report everything on your FAA medical, I'd still recommend doing a sanity check on this issue with your union medical staff.
Call somebody. But my VA records match my FAA file, so I'm not concerned.

Last edited by rickair7777; 10-09-2018 at 06:53 AM. Reason: HTML Format Fix